This course bridges the vast knowledge and wisdom of Buddhist contemplative practice traditions to the emerging field of psychedelic-assisted therapy.
David Gumpel, MA
Adi Flesher, M.Ed, LP
Dates & Times
EST through March 11th/EDT starting March 12th
Live / Online
$1,200 Includes 15 hours of APA CE and NYSED CE for Psychologists, Social Workers, and LMHCs
- Assess their own competency with various mindfulness techniques.
- Describe a range of meditation techniques and how these support the growth of core competencies as a psychedelic therapist.
- Prepare a set of techniques to suggest to clients and explain why they may be of benefit for moving through the psychedelic experience.
- Compare modern mindfulness and Buddhism and demonstrate a basic understanding of key distinctions and similarities.
- Discuss ways that Buddhism and therapy converge and diverge on core goals and methods.
- Critique the notion that Buddhism and psychedelics are compatible, understanding important potential clashes and synergies.
- Explain why self-compassion and compassion practices are helpful both to clients and therapists.
- Describe best practices developed in research on trauma-sensitive mindfulness, self-compassion training programs, and difficult or “dark night” experiences in meditation and understand how these connect to challenging psychedelic experiences.
- Discuss how psychedelics and Buddhism have both been decontextualized from cultures they’ve traditionally been embedded in and demonstrate an understanding of the risks and opportunities that this decontextualization presents.
- Create a plan for continued study and practice of secular and or Buddhist practices for themselves.
- Prepare themselves for the rigors of sitting for a client by selecting techniques for their own embodied study of various meditation techniques.
- Select practices that are appropriate for preparing a client based on that client’s goals, intentions, and worldview.
- Registration includes access to our online classroom, course handouts, and private course discussion board. All attendees may opt to be added to our professional community email list of about 1,000 professionals who have completed this (or similar) courses with us.
information for medical professionals and about CEs
Other Upcoming Courses
Understanding Ketamine, Winter 2022 | Online
Learn principles for screening and preparing patients for ketamine treatment, and integrating the insights generated from these experiences.
Dec 10, 2022 - Dec 11, 2022
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
Chantelle Thomas, PhD, Xiaojue Hu, MD
KAP Theory and Methodology, Winter 2023 | Online
A 12-week hybrid course with self-paced materials and weekly live-online meetings that teaches a theoretically grounded methodology for Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP).
Jan 19, 2023 - Apr 6, 2023
Thursdays, 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM ET
Rebecca Kronman, LCSW
Integrating Psychedelics with Evidence-Based Therapy, Winter 2023 | Online
This 12-week reading and study group is a diverse and challenging set of readings aimed toward deepening each student’s understanding of evidence based therapies and their application in psychedelic therapy.
Jan 23, 2023 - Apr 17, 2023
Mondays, 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM EST
Alan Davis, PhD
Integration Essentials, Winter 2023 | Online
A 12-week Reading and Study Group for therapists and healthcare providers.
Jan 24, 2023 - Apr 18, 2023
Tuesdays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM ET
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction for Psychedelic Therapists | Winter 2023
The classic MBSR course, specially tailored for psychedelic therapists.
Jan 25, 2023 - Mar 15, 2023
Wednesdays, 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM ET
David Gumpel, MA
Analytic Explorations in Psychedelic Therapy, Winter 2023 | Online
This 12-week course will focus on the application of psychoanalytic concepts and theory to psychedelic therapy.
Jan 25, 2023 - Apr 12, 2023
Wednesdays, 10:00 - 11:30 AM ET
Dr. Lawrence Fischman, Jeffrey Guss, MD
Psychedelics and Psychoanalysis, Winter 2023 | Online
This Reading & Study Group uses contemporary and historical sources to teach the numerous ways psychoanalysis and psychedelics have been, and are, involved with one another.
Jan 26, 2023 - Apr 13, 2023
Thursdays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM ET
Jeffrey Guss, MD
Psychotherapeutic Touch Workshop | Online, Winter 2023
A workshop in Psychotherapeutic Touch for Integrative Psychedelic Professionals
Feb 10, 2023 - Feb 17, 2023
Fridays, 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
Sabrina Santa Clara, LPC, R-DMT, C-IFST, RYT