This 12-week course will focus on the use of evidence-based therapies in psychedelic therapies.
Dates & Times
- Describe a variety of evidenced-based interventions that have been integrated into psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy studies
- Explain the role of psychotherapy in psychedelic treatment across a variety of clinical populations
- Critique the use of specific evidenced-based treatments as opposed to a supportive psychotherapeutic approach.
- Describe the ethical concerns related to the provision of evidenced-based interventions within psychedelic therapy.
- List the basic components of psychedelic therapy
- Describe the ways in which the acute effects of psychedelics are related to psychotherapeutic processes.
- Explain the safety concerns related to psychedelic therapy.
- Compare the different approaches to psychedelic therapy and evidenced-based interventions
- Explain the history of psychedelic therapy leading up to current trials.
- Describe the basic pharmacology of psychedelic drugs.
- List the features of the psychotherapeutic relationship that are critical to psychedelic interventions.
- Explain the role of psychological flexibility and how this may be a transdiagnostic feature of evidenced-based interventions within the context of psychedelic therapy.