A 12-week Reading and Study Group for therapists and healthcare providers introducing and exploring key concepts of psychedelic integration work.
Dates & Times
EST through March 11th/EDT starting March 12th, no class 3/14
Live / Online
$1,200 for 12-sessions | Includes 15 hours of CE credits | Fluence is approved by APA and NYSED to offer CE for Psychologists, Social Workers, and LMHCs
- Explain the concept of “unconstrained mind,” its usefulness in speaking of psychedelic states, and then discuss how cultural constructs are an essential part of psychedelic therapy being meaningful and safe
- Describe what “set and setting,” are and explain why attention to both is crucial in understanding psychedelic experiences and psychedelic therapy
- List the basic safety precautions that are used in academic research institutions when conducting research with psychedelic substances, describe common safety concerns that might arise during integration sessions (without medicine present) for identification and problem solving
- Analyze the term “ego” and critique the multiple meanings that it carries, with particular attention to the concept of“ego dissolution” or “ego death” in psychedelic therapy, using existential, neuroscience, phenomenology and psychoanalysis
- Describe the basic principles of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, including the concept of “psychological flexibility”and apply this to the change process in psychedelic integration therapy
- Use concepts that have importance in both meditation and psychotherapy as a way of organizing a narrative about change and growth in psychedelic integration therapy
- Explain the basic components of shamanic and neoshamanic ayahuasca practices in the service of offering informed psychedelic integration therapy to individuals who have sought out these types of psychedelic experiences
- Explain the layered meanings of the word“acceptance” as it related to psychedelic therapy and use understanding of these notions then use it to organize and frame interventions used as part of psychedelic integration therapy
- Describe how creativity and “meaning making”are valuable concepts in conducting psychedelic therapy; plan to use these concepts to understand and foster growth in psychedelic integration therapy
- Describe and critique recent studies on microdosing, especially as related to personality changes, creativity and mental health symptoms reported by community microdosers
- Describe the basic theory and principles of harm reduction psychotherapy, as well as incorporate those principles into psychedelic integration therapy
- Critique the 6 unifying theories of psychedelic effects *(three older theories, three new theories) described by Swanson, differentiating historic theories from contemporary ones, and analyzing their varying utility and relevance to psychedelic integration therapy
- Registration includes access to our online classroom, course handouts, and private course discussion board. All attendees may opt to be added to our professional community email list of about 1,000 professionals who have completed this (or similar) courses with us.
information for medical professionals and about CEs
Other Upcoming Courses
Understanding Ketamine, Winter 2022 | Online
Learn principles for screening and preparing patients for ketamine treatment, and integrating the insights generated from these experiences.
Dec 10, 2022 - Dec 11, 2022
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
Chantelle Thomas, PhD, Xiaojue Hu, MD
KAP Theory and Methodology, Winter 2023 | Online
A 12-week hybrid course with self-paced materials and weekly live-online meetings that teaches a theoretically grounded methodology for Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP).
Jan 19, 2023 - Apr 6, 2023
Thursdays, 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM ET
Rebecca Kronman, LCSW
Integrating Psychedelics with Evidence-Based Therapy, Winter 2023 | Online
This 12-week reading and study group is a diverse and challenging set of readings aimed toward deepening each student’s understanding of evidence based therapies and their application in psychedelic therapy.
Jan 23, 2023 - Apr 17, 2023
Mondays, 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM EST
Alan Davis, PhD
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction for Psychedelic Therapists | Winter 2023
The classic MBSR course, specially tailored for psychedelic therapists.
Jan 25, 2023 - Mar 15, 2023
Wednesdays, 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM ET
David Gumpel, MA
Analytic Explorations in Psychedelic Therapy, Winter 2023 | Online
This 12-week course will focus on the application of psychoanalytic concepts and theory to psychedelic therapy.
Jan 25, 2023 - Apr 12, 2023
Wednesdays, 10:00 - 11:30 AM ET
Dr. Lawrence Fischman, Jeffrey Guss, MD
Psychedelics and Psychoanalysis, Winter 2023 | Online
This Reading & Study Group uses contemporary and historical sources to teach the numerous ways psychoanalysis and psychedelics have been, and are, involved with one another.
Jan 26, 2023 - Apr 13, 2023
Thursdays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM ET
Jeffrey Guss, MD
Psychotherapeutic Touch Workshop | Online, Winter 2023
A workshop in Psychotherapeutic Touch for Integrative Psychedelic Professionals
Feb 10, 2023 - Feb 17, 2023
Fridays, 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
Sabrina Santa Clara, LPC, R-DMT, C-IFST, RYT
Buddhism and Psychedelic Therapy | Winter 2023
This course bridges the vast knowledge and wisdom of Buddhist contemplative practice traditions to the emerging field of psychedelic-assisted therapy.
Feb 15, 2023 - May 11, 2023
Wednesdays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM ET
David Gumpel, MA, Adi Flesher, M.Ed, LP