Group provides a safe, informative, and supportive place for therapists to discuss their clinical work with Ketamine.
Dr. Shari Taylor
$1,200 for 12-sessions, includes 15 hours of APA CE and NYSED CE for Psychologists, LMHC, and Social Workers
- Assess and reflect on the motivations for which patients seek KAP
- Assess and verbalize the complex motivations of patients to seek out and use ketamine
- Rate the variety of subjective experiences and emotions patients report with ketamine with nonjudgmental curiosity
- Describe and acknowledge therapist reactions to patients who are seeking KAP
- Rate in equal esteem ketamine experiences that are thoughtful and growth oriented and ones that are recreational, spontaneous, or dissociative
- Assess and articulate how KAP can amplify transference
- Assess and articulate how transferences to ketamine can become fused with therapist transferences
- Prepare for shifts in language, meaning, and self-concept that may accompany experiences with ketamine
- Explain openly (in appropriate settings) about emotional responses (countertransference) to patient reports as they relate to the therapist’s own relationship to psychedelic therapy
- Describe states of psychic disruption that suggest a need for more intensive treatment
- Describe extended support services for the patient, including family or community resources
- Plan the support of non-drug self-transformation efforts as part of KAP
- Registration includes access to our online classroom, course handouts, and private course discussion board. All attendees may opt to be added to our professional community email list of over 800 professionals who have completed this (or similar) courses with us.
information for medical professionals and about CEs
Other Upcoming Courses
Understanding Ketamine Summer 2022 | Online
Learn principles for screening and preparing patients for ketamine treatment, and integrating the insights generated from these experiences.
Jul 9, 2022 - Jul 10, 2022
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM EDT
Dr. Casey Paleos, Xiaojue Hu, MD, Haya Al-Hejailan, MSc
Integrating Psychedelics with Evidence-Based Therapy Reading and Study Group Fall 2022
This 12-week course is a diverse and challenging set of readings aimed toward deepening each student’s understanding of evidence based therapies and their application in psychedelic therapy.
Aug 8, 2022 - Nov 7, 2022
3:30 - 5:00 PM EDT
Dr. Alan Davis
Poetry, Symbols, and Story in Psychedelic Therapy | Fall 2022
Tap into the poetic. A 12-week experiential course for those interested in the use of poetry therapy in psychedelic integration with individuals and groups.
Sep 12, 2022 - Nov 28, 2022
12:00 PM -1:30 PM EDT
Jayne Gumpel, LCSW, Julia King Olivier, MD
Psychedelic Integration: Experiential Training Retreat for Clinicians | Stony Point, NY 2022
A contemplative practice retreat for clinician to experience the therapeutic use and integration of non-ordinary states of consciousness.
Oct 25, 2022 - Oct 30, 2022
Tuesday 10/25 Evening - Sunday 10/30 at noon
Dr. Elizabeth Nielson, Leah Gooch, Ed.M, 500RYT, David Gumpel, MA, Andrew Rose