A 12-week hybrid course with self-paced materials and weekly live-online meetings teaches a theoretically grounded methodology for KAP.
Rebecca Kronman, LCSW
Dates & Times
Live / Online
$1,800 - or included in KAP Certificate Program, Includes 15 hours APA CE or NYSED CE for Psychologists, Social Workers, and LMHCs
- Describe the history and theory behind drug-assisted psychotherapy.
- Compare drug-assisted psychotherapy from other psychotherapeutic approaches.
- List the ethical standards of drug-assisted psychotherapy and informed consent shared with patients for clinical trial research and private practice.
- Describe how integration sessions are designed and implemented in clinical trials of psychedelic-assisted therapy.
- List common knowledge gaps patients may have about ketamine-assisted psychotherapy and appropriate knowledge resources.
- Describe the proposed psychological mechanisms of ketamine’s role in psychotherapy.
- Explain ketamine’s proposed mechanisms of action with regard to neuroscience-based narratives.
- Explain how ketamine’s proposed mechanisms of action and neuroscience-based narratives inform clinical processes and practices.
- Demonstrate how to prepare patients to safely receive ketamine-assisted psychotherapy so that they benefit from the experience in ways suitable to their life situation, diagnosis, and intentions.
- Demonstrate how to prepare patients to engage with the experience safely and meaningfully by cultivating attitudes of openness and curiosity toward their experience.
- List a variety of methods to integrate the ketamine experience with patients that align with the practitioner’s existing therapeutic model and the patient’s treatment history.
- Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of the arc of treatment and nonlinear change.
- Describe the wider sociocultural context of drug-assisted psychotherapy, including the stigma and judgment related to drug-assisted psychotherapy that may be experienced by patient and/or practitioner.
- Registration includes access to our online classroom, course handouts, and private course discussion board. All attendees may opt to be added to our professional community email list of over 800 professionals who have completed this (or similar) courses with us.
information for medical professionals and about CEs
Other Upcoming Courses
Understanding Ketamine Summer 2022 | Online
Learn principles for screening and preparing patients for ketamine treatment, and integrating the insights generated from these experiences.
Jul 9, 2022 - Jul 10, 2022
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM EDT
Dr. Casey Paleos, Xiaojue Hu, MD, Haya Al-Hejailan, MSc
Integrating Psychedelics with Evidence-Based Therapy Reading and Study Group Fall 2022
This 12-week course is a diverse and challenging set of readings aimed toward deepening each student’s understanding of evidence based therapies and their application in psychedelic therapy.
Aug 8, 2022 - Nov 7, 2022
3:30 - 5:00 PM EDT
Dr. Alan Davis
Poetry, Symbols, and Story in Psychedelic Therapy | Fall 2022
Tap into the poetic. A 12-week experiential course for those interested in the use of poetry therapy in psychedelic integration with individuals and groups.
Sep 12, 2022 - Nov 28, 2022
12:00 PM -1:30 PM EDT
Jayne Gumpel, LCSW, Julia King Olivier, MD
Psychedelic Integration: Experiential Training Retreat for Clinicians | Stony Point, NY 2022
A contemplative practice retreat for clinician to experience the therapeutic use and integration of non-ordinary states of consciousness.
Oct 25, 2022 - Oct 30, 2022
Tuesday 10/25 Evening - Sunday 10/30 at noon
Dr. Elizabeth Nielson, Leah Gooch, Ed.M, 500RYT, David Gumpel, MA, Andrew Rose