This meditation course builds key skills for personal development and sitting with patients during non-ordinary states of consciousness.
David Gumpel, MA
Dates & Times
Online Retreat is 3/5 from 10 AM - 4 PM EST. (EST through March 11th/EDT starting March 12th)
Live / Online
$450 or Free with KAP or PHRI Certificate Program Enrollment - Please use your coupon code to enroll. Includes 20 hours of APA CE and NYSED CE for Psychologists, LMHC, and Social Workers.
- Identify the key aspects of mindfulness as it relates to stress reduction, coping with pain and illness and enhancing well-being
- Define Mindfulness in the context of mindfulness based interventions
- Articulate the difference between MBSR from relaxation techniques that are fundamentally and theoretically different
- Describe three different types of focused practices
- Describe benefits of open awareness or choiceless awareness meditation techniques as it related to responding to challenging situations
- Apply mindfulness into social interaction with patients, colleagues, supervisors, family and friends to facilitate more effective and mindful communication
- Compare stress reactivity to stress response
- Describe the potential benefits of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (and mindfulness in general) to educate patients and their families about the benefits of such programs in their own lives
information for medical professionals and about CEs
Other Upcoming Courses
Psychedelic Integration: Premise & Promise Hybrid | January 2023
Fluence’s foundational course is designed for those who want to learn about Psychedelic Harm Reduction and Integration in clinical practice.
Jan 9, 2023 - Jan 23, 2023
Mondays, 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST
Dr. Ingmar Gorman, Dr. Elizabeth Nielson, Alexander Camargo, PsyD
Integrating Psychedelics with Evidence-Based Therapy, Winter 2023 | Online
This 12-week reading and study group is a diverse and challenging set of readings aimed toward deepening each student’s understanding of evidence based therapies and their application in psychedelic therapy.
Jan 23, 2023 - Apr 17, 2023
Mondays, 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM EST
Alan Davis, PhD
Integration Essentials, Winter 2023 | Online
A 12-week Reading and Study Group for therapists and healthcare providers.
Jan 24, 2023 - Apr 18, 2023
Tuesdays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM ET
Analytic Explorations in Psychedelic Therapy, Winter 2023 | Online
This 12-week course will focus on the application of psychoanalytic concepts and theory to psychedelic therapy.
Jan 25, 2023 - Apr 12, 2023
Wednesdays, 10:00 - 11:30 AM ET
Dr. Lawrence Fischman, Jeffrey Guss, MD
Psychedelics and Psychoanalysis, Winter 2023 | Online
This Reading & Study Group uses contemporary and historical sources to teach the numerous ways psychoanalysis and psychedelics have been, and are, involved with one another.
Jan 26, 2023 - Apr 13, 2023
Thursdays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM ET
Jeffrey Guss, MD
Psychotherapeutic Touch Workshop | Online, Winter 2023
A workshop in Psychotherapeutic Touch for Integrative Psychedelic Professionals
Feb 10, 2023 - Feb 17, 2023
Fridays, 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
Sabrina Santa Clara, LPC, R-DMT, C-IFST, RYT
Buddhism and Psychedelic Therapy | Winter 2023
This course bridges the vast knowledge and wisdom of Buddhist contemplative practice traditions to the emerging field of psychedelic-assisted therapy.
Feb 15, 2023 - May 11, 2023
Wednesdays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM ET
David Gumpel, MA, Adi Flesher, M.Ed, LP