A 12-week hybrid course with self-paced materials and weekly live-online meetings teaches a theoretically grounded methodology for Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP).
Rebecca Kronman, LCSW
Dates & Times
attendance required, EST through March 11th/EDT starting March 12th
Live / Online
$1,800 - or included in KAP Certificate Program, Includes 15 hours of CE credits | Fluence is approved by APA and NYSED to offer CE for Psychologists, Social Workers, and LMHCs
- Describe the history and theory behind drug-assisted psychotherapy.
- Compare drug-assisted psychotherapy from other psychotherapeutic approaches.
- List the ethical standards of drug-assisted psychotherapy and informed consent shared with patients for clinical trial research and private practice.
- Describe how integration sessions are designed and implemented in clinical trials of psychedelic-assisted therapy.
- List common knowledge gaps patients may have about ketamine-assisted psychotherapy and appropriate knowledge resources.
- Describe the proposed psychological mechanisms of ketamine’s role in psychotherapy.
- Explain ketamine’s proposed mechanisms of action with regard to neuroscience-based narratives.
- Explain how ketamine’s proposed mechanisms of action and neuroscience-based narratives inform clinical processes and practices.
- Demonstrate how to prepare patients to safely receive ketamine-assisted psychotherapy so that they benefit from the experience in ways suitable to their life situation, diagnosis, and intentions.
- Demonstrate how to prepare patients to engage with the experience safely and meaningfully by cultivating attitudes of openness and curiosity toward their experience.
- List a variety of methods to integrate the ketamine experience with patients that align with the practitioner’s existing therapeutic model and the patient’s treatment history.
- Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of the arc of treatment and nonlinear change.
- Describe the wider sociocultural context of drug-assisted psychotherapy, including the stigma and judgment related to drug-assisted psychotherapy that may be experienced by patient and/or practitioner.
- Registration includes access to our online classroom, course handouts, and private course discussion board. All attendees may opt to be added to our professional community email list of over 800 professionals who have completed this (or similar) courses with us.
information for medical professionals and about CEs
Other Upcoming Courses
Understanding Ketamine, Winter 2022 | Online
Learn principles for screening and preparing patients for ketamine treatment, and integrating the insights generated from these experiences.
Dec 10, 2022 - Dec 11, 2022
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
Chantelle Thomas, PhD, Xiaojue Hu, MD
Integrating Psychedelics with Evidence-Based Therapy, Winter 2023 | Online
This 12-week reading and study group is a diverse and challenging set of readings aimed toward deepening each student’s understanding of evidence based therapies and their application in psychedelic therapy.
Jan 23, 2023 - Apr 17, 2023
Mondays, 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM EST
Alan Davis, PhD
Integration Essentials, Winter 2023 | Online
A 12-week Reading and Study Group for therapists and healthcare providers.
Jan 24, 2023 - Apr 18, 2023
Tuesdays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM ET
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction for Psychedelic Therapists | Winter 2023
The classic MBSR course, specially tailored for psychedelic therapists.
Jan 25, 2023 - Mar 15, 2023
Wednesdays, 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM ET
David Gumpel, MA
Analytic Explorations in Psychedelic Therapy, Winter 2023 | Online
This 12-week course will focus on the application of psychoanalytic concepts and theory to psychedelic therapy.
Jan 25, 2023 - Apr 12, 2023
Wednesdays, 10:00 - 11:30 AM ET
Dr. Lawrence Fischman, Jeffrey Guss, MD
Psychedelics and Psychoanalysis, Winter 2023 | Online
This Reading & Study Group uses contemporary and historical sources to teach the numerous ways psychoanalysis and psychedelics have been, and are, involved with one another.
Jan 26, 2023 - Apr 13, 2023
Thursdays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM ET
Jeffrey Guss, MD
Psychotherapeutic Touch Workshop | Online, Winter 2023
A workshop in Psychotherapeutic Touch for Integrative Psychedelic Professionals
Feb 10, 2023 - Feb 17, 2023
Fridays, 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
Sabrina Santa Clara, LPC, R-DMT, C-IFST, RYT
Buddhism and Psychedelic Therapy | Winter 2023
This course bridges the vast knowledge and wisdom of Buddhist contemplative practice traditions to the emerging field of psychedelic-assisted therapy.
Feb 15, 2023 - May 11, 2023
Wednesdays, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM ET
David Gumpel, MA, Adi Flesher, M.Ed, LP