Fluence is committed to ensuring that our students are able to receive as much Continuing Education credit as possible for our courses and programs, and has arguably the most robust CE coverage in the emerging psychedelic therapy space. We are committed to our each of student’s unique concerns in this area, and are constantly updating areas of coverage, which are outlined below. Hours of CE coverage are indicated on individual course pages. Please contact us if you have additional questions.
Fluence is approved by the APA to offer CE to Psychologists, approved by the ASWB to offer ACE to Social Workers, and approved by NYSED to offer CE to Psychologists, Social Workers, and LMHCs. For all our Fluence programs, CE for which Fluence is approved is included in the base price for all courses. Please note that not all courses or programs automatically offer each type of CE—students are instructed to check individual course pages to verify specific coverage.
If students meet the attendance requirements and complete an evaluation they will all receive a Certificate of Completion that will include all of our CE approvals. All certificates of completion will include CE hours for the course. Trainees who took a live/online course will receive a code number from an administrator once their attendance is verified, and can then access their Certificate of Completion. Trainees who took an on-demand course will not receive this code; they must complete all modules within the course to receive access to their Certificate of Completion.
If students miss more than two classes, they do not qualify for CE. There is no partial CE credit or makeup credit for missed hours. The number of CE credits is based on the hours of learning time, with one hour = 1.00 CE credit. We have it built into our offering that students can miss up to two classes. For example, our Reading and Study Groups meet for 1.5 hours for 12 weeks, which would be 18 hours, but we offer 15 hours of CE for the course. For on-demand courses, students must complete all of the course content (the two classes rule is inapplicable).
Is the CE offered by Fluence approved for my license?
Licensing regulations can change frequently including guidelines about how many hours you can earn on-line. Most jurisdictions require a certain number of hours in ethics and other areas of practice. The final authority for approving any continuing education activity rests with your state board. Even those states that endorse the CE program may have exceptions in terms of the courses that they will accept. It is ultimately your responsibility to understand the licensing regulations in your state. Our official approvals can be found below:
- Fluence International, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Fluence maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Fluence International, Inc. is approved as an Association of Social Work Boards Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Provider
- Fluence International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counsellors. #MHC-0232.
- Fluence International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0674.
- Fluence International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0167.
- The Department’s approval of a provider of continuing education does not constitute the Department’s endorsement of the content, positions or practices that may be addressed in any specific continuing education course offered by the approved provider.
The Trauma-informed Psychedelic-assisted Therapy course and the Experiential Practice Retreat offer continuing education credit valid for all professions which Fluence is an approved provider for. Please see individual course pages for details.
We do not provide academic credit.
The Trauma-Informed Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy course and the Experiential Practice Retreat offer continuing education credit valid for all professions for which Fluence is an approved provider. Please see individual program pages for details.
Fluence is approved by the APA to offer CE to Psychologists, approved by the ASWB to offer ACE to Social Workers, and approved by NYSED to offer CE to Psychologists, Social Workers, and LMHCs. Information is provided on each course page about the types/amounts of CE offered. You may need to check with your licensing board in your state to see if those credits are acceptable for your purposes. For more detailed information about CE at Fluence please see this page.