Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP) is a new therapeutic modality in which ketamine is used as an adjunct to psychotherapy to help eligible patients experience sustained improvement in symptoms and clinical outcomes. During KAP, eligible patients self-administer sublingual ketamine in the context of a psychotherapy session with a qualified licensed mental health professional. Like any new modality, questions arise about scope of practice from all the stakeholders involved, including mental health professionals, insurance providers & patients alike. Join industry leaders Fluence, Journey Clinical, Bruce Hillowe, Esq, and the Psychedelic Coalition for Health for a roundtable discussion about how to navigate this timely and important topic.
- Define Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy.
- Describe the role of each stakeholder within the context of KAP (prescriber, patient, psychotherapist).
- Discuss scope of practice for licensed mental health professionals in the context of KAP.
- Fluence International, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Fluence maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Fluence International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0232.
- Fluence International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0674.
- Fluence International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0167.
- The Department’s approval of a provider of continuing education does not constitute the Department’s endorsement of the content, positions or practices that may be addressed in any specific continuing education course offered by the approved provider.
- Fluence, #1845, is approved as an ACE provider to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Regulatory boards are the final authority on courses accepted for continuing education credit. ACE provider approval period: 7/10/2023 – 7/10/2024. Social workers completing this course receive 1.00 continuing education credits. This licensure preparation program and materials associated with it were not included in the Association of Social Work Boards’ Approved Continuing Education (ACE) review and are not approved by ASWB for continuing education nor endorsed by ASWB in any manner.
- For questions about continuing education and receiving your CE Certificate or Certificate of Attendance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also navigate to the FAQs page for more information about our courses/events.
Course Outline & Assignments
- About the Program
- Recorded Webinar
- Self Test
- Feedback Form
* The “Recorded Webinar” module accounts for 1.00 CE credit. The other modules are not included in the number of awarded CE credits.
Format & Length: Recorded video-based asynchronous distance learning (self-study). Total run time 1 hour.
Topic Area & Instructional level: Clinical practice. Introductory.
Who Should Attend? Psychologists, counselors, masters or doctoral level clinical social workers, marriage and family therapists, and other medical professionals.
Completion Requirements: To receive a certificate of completion with CE information included students must complete all course sessions and modules, and obtain a score of 75% or higher on course completion quizzes. Upon completion of the course, students must also complete an evaluation form. For on-demand courses (recorded asynchronous distance learning), students will be able to access/download their certificate after marking all modules “complete.” For live/online courses (live synchronous distance learning), students will receive an attendance verification code from an administrator after their full attendance has been verified; Once they complete the “Attendance Verification” module, students will be able to access/download their certificate.
* For participants completing the course for APA credit only: if you would like to complete the course without submitting a response to the satisfaction survey, please contact us.
Course Publication & Review Dates: July 6, 2022 | Reviewed July 19, 2023
System Requirements: Students will need access to a computer and internet connection to complete this course.
Financial Support & Conflict of Interest Statements: Fluence pays course trainers for their teaching. There is no other financial support for this course. There is no potential conflict of interest or outside commercial support for this course.
Other: Click here to see our policies on attendance, refunds, grievances, and accessibility. Click here to see our frequently asked questions. Click here to contact us or submit a grievance. For any inquiries related to subject matter guidance, correction, grading, comments, or problem resolution please contact us.